Botox Botox® injection treatments are commonly used to treat all areas of the face, as these treatments can combat both fine lines and also deep wrinkles. Botox® treatments have been used as Cosmetic Treatments since the late 1980’s, revolutionising the cosmetic industry due to their remarkable results combined with very few risks and no recovery time. Botox® injections have been used to treat millions of patients worldwide and is the world’s most popular Non Surgical treatment.
Benefits of BOTOX Treatments
A purified protein that prevents fine lines and deep wrinkles from appearing by relaxing the contracted muscles. Reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles already formed, by relaxing muscles, restoring a more youthful appearance. Overtime the treatment re-educates the muscle so time between treatments will increase Untreated areas of the face aren’t affected, so you can still smile and frown, but the skin on the treated areas won’t wrinkle as much as usual. Botox treatments are non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment. Not permanent and will naturally break down. Lines and wrinkles can be minimised by using a purified protein produced by a bacteria which induces long-term relaxation of contracted muscles. This product was originally used to treat eye spasms and central nervous system disorders. Botox treatments are ideal for easing over-active muscle movement that can cause deep frown lines and crows feet. It can also be used to reduce excess perspiration ‘Hyperhidrosis’ (excessive sweating)and more recently to alleviate the symptoms of migraines. Encourages muscle re-education, as the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria which induces long-term relaxation of contracted muscles. Lines and wrinkles are a natural and unstoppable part of the ageing process. While they are inevitable they can be prevented and reduced.
What should I avoid following treatment?
To help reduce the accidental spread of Botox® to neighbouring muscle groups, we recommend that you avoid lying flat for 4 hours post treatment and avoid the following activities for around 24 hours:
- Rubbing or massaging the area treated
- Vigorous exercise
- Any “facial” beauty treatments
Some patients experience a slight headache after their injections, which can be managed with paracetamol if required. Following this period you can use your normal skin care routine.
How long will it be before I see the results of Botox treatment?
- Botox® can take from 2 days to up to 2 weeks before a muscle relaxing effect occurs. Remember, however, that the aim of treatment is not to stop all expression, but to reduce the intensity of the muscle activity that causes the lines in the areas treated. This gives the skin a chance to rest from the repeated furrowing and creasing that can occur hundreds of times a day, enabling the wrinkles or folds to gradually soften overtime.
- When Botox® begins to work, you may notice some temporary strange “sensations” around the treated areas as the muscles that have not been injected adjust.
- What should I do if Botox® treatment doesn’t appear to be working, or if I have any problems?
- If this is the first time that you have received Botox® with Skin Truth we would ideally like to see you a couple of weeks after treatment to discuss the results that we have achieved. If you cannot schedule a return appointment, and you find that you have had no observable effect after 2 weeks, please contact us.
- If you have a good initial result, please note that, as recommended by the manufacturers of Botox®, we aim not to perform any “top-up” treatments within a 3 month period following your treatment
Restore facial volume and Youthfulness.
Dermal Fillers are an instant way to erase tell-tale lines and wrinkles.
Dermal Fillers (also known as Wrinkle Fillers or Facial Fillers) are popular and versatile anti-ageing injectable treatment that plumps, volumises and lifts the skin leaving it smooth, contoured and youthful. With instant results and no down-time it’s easy to understand why it’s one of our most popular anti-ageing treatments.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Not permanent and will naturally break down.
- Dermal Fillers are only performed by a fully trained Medical Professional.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Dermal Filler treatments offer patients a wide range of benefits, including a more youthful appearance.
- This treatment can be used to fill minor to moderate lines and fill-in wrinkles and is especially effective around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- The treatment can be tailored to your needs providing a natural look.
WHAT TO EXPECT DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR Dermal Filler TREATMENT
- Post treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the site, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days.
- No recovery time is required after facial filler treatments and you can return to day to day activities straight away.
- Occasional bruising can occur; it is usually short term and lasts a few days.
- Your Doctor will discuss your recovery and what to expect when you attend your appointment.
AFTER TREATMENT ADVICE
Avoid wearing make-up for 12 hours after your wrinkle filler treatment
- Avoid extreme temperatures until redness and swelling subsides – no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post treatment
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours minimum post treatment
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area
- Facial filler treatments are normally recommended every 12-18 months.